Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Tale of a Do-Over, Part 2

The client did frame the second piece and hung it up in his waiting room with "Purity". Here it is, framed and matted to match the first painting. I must say, it looks much better matted, but still not up to the standards as the first (and soon to see below, third one).

"Patience"

Here is the third painting I did for this client, finished just this morning!
It's name is "Patience II" and is part of the Porcelain series (see posts back in February for the original "Porcelain").

Some close-ups...

Extra care taken with the face and hands especially...

And of course, lots of drips and drops (but not too many)!

Let me know what you think! I personally love the colors and think this third one is better than the first! I did have much longer to slowly work on this one and ponder my next brush stroke, which is always good for me. Which do you prefer? Please comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment