Friday, June 11, 2010

"Purity" Commission

Commission for my optometrist. Took me about 2 cumulative weeks including research, sketches, painting, and framing.

Shot of it hanging in his office lounge. He has decided to get it reframed with a large matte to make it look bigger and stand out.

Getting closer...I put a label up and left business cards with him should anyone be curious :)

Close-up of my girl. He chose the colors, requested "drips" and I went to town :) The dress is layers upon layers of watercolor, but I think it turned out well in the end!

As it's just finished, before I framed it at home.

The buyer also put in a request for another one the day I delivered it to him, as everyone (myself included) feels the wall is too big for just this little gal. So another one is on the way that will match in color and style, as well as composition (only opposite), yet with new elements and imagery.

Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment